TOPIC: MEETUPS & Local Meetings

MEETUPS & Local Meetings 5 years 11 months ago #1

• pouvretoves
  • Thank you received: 3
A Different Perspective
“Can you tell me; are there other members in my area I can meet with~?”
Hi members. I have spoken with virtually every one of you and one question so many have asked - repeatedly - is if there are other members in your area to meet up with.
The Answer
Yes and mostly NO. We are a big land mass and cities now sprawl. Even if someone is in your city, they could be over an hour away. Usually it is much more.
As the Club grows you may discover there are others nearby. Relatively speaking, the reality is very few of you live close enough for a meeting to be realistic or doable. 30 miles is about the practical distance for regular meetings and few live that close.
Recommendation
Start a group | invite your town folk | have a social night of gab and discovery.
Where to meet~?
A local coffee shoppe
A small private room at a buffet
Tailgate
A large dining table in a restaurant
A tavern, wine or donut shop
Tables along a beach boardwalk
A library
A park
Tennis court benches
A church
A back yard patio
Times have changed so the common ‘patriot’ meetups are nearly a thing of the past. But far more people are awakening now so the need is even greater. And the INET is never going to deliver the tangibles of a face-to-face meeting - reaching out and touching someone.
Digital
Online Conferencing allows for only one person talking at a time - and the moderator can’t manage such meetings nimbly - they are long winded for the most part and you never get to really connect with people on a heart-to-heart basis.
Local
Local meetings allow for a group setting where you can mingle. Face-to-face means people can share in small groups, present from a staging area, chat on the side at a snack table, cluster to talk in small groups, one-on-one, change partners, make new contacts, find more than one to hook up with - at any meeting. Meetings are powerful and they lead to word-of-mouth invites that increase the attendance for a strong showing and long duration. This is productive.
Making Time
But finding time for meetings is not only your challenge to overcome; potential attendees will need to rearrange their lives to come to your meetings. Keep that in mind. You will want to advertise regularly so those who are attracted will be reminded until they take action to attend.
Give Then Something
Consider the result if you were to give something away for free to all who attend~!
What about the book Mark wrote, “How I beat Satan and the IRS~?” Or buy a bag of thumb memory sticks - they are cheap these days - and put that and other information on it for them to take home and review. They keep the information and return the memory stick. Keep a list with contact information so you can get them back~!
When are you going to begin~?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MEETUPS & Local Meetings 4 years 8 months ago #2

• NicholasMeyerr
  • Thank you received: 1
PHoenix, Arizona Meet-up Saturday August 10th, 9:00am. Scott's Generations at 7th St and Glendale.
Hosted by me, Nick Meyer. All are invited to attend.

MEETUPS & Local Meetings 4 years 7 months ago #3

• NicholasMeyerr
  • Thank you received: 1
Next meetup is Saturday in Phoenix at Scott's Generations. 9am
NE corner of Glendale and 7th Street.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds