TOPIC: Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement

Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement 7 years 7 months ago #31

• Prettyscriptorian
If I were you, I would suck it up and order 2, because "2 is 1 and 1 is none." When you tell them you want it for apostille, they send you the long form. If you have the option to say "long form" then do so. But choose apostille for sure. And get 2 copies. That way if you mess one up, you still have an original. :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement 7 years 7 months ago #32

• Soaringeagle
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6
Over 1 year ago I ordered 3 Certified Copies of my Birth Certificate from Oklahoma. I then scanned all three BC's in color into my computer. I then went in person to the Secretary of State of Oklahoma and applied for all three to be AUTHENTICATED (not APOSTILED) I stated that I needed them to go to Haiti for missionary work. No questions were asked they just AUTHENTICATED them and put a metal grommet to hold the AUTHENTICATION to the Birth Certificate. I then scanned those documents into my computer in color. I then sent all three State AUTHENTICATED BC's to the Secretary of State of the United States for AUTHENTICATION. They authenticated them and then fastened that AUTHENTICATION to each State AUTHENTICATED BC and sent them back to me. I now have in my possession 3 DUAL AUTHENTICATED birth certificates.
Remember one thing. These will be invalidated if you break them apart. That is why I scanned in each step in color into my computer. Now I have certifiable copies any time I want. I have presented this to a court and in court showed the judge my intact double authenticated BC. She asked what I wanted. I stated I want this case dismissed for lack of Civilian Due Process of Law. She complied.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher

Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement 7 years 7 months ago #33

• Prettyscriptorian
Yes, you will have them Authenticated after you receive them back. But when initially ordering them, you are asking for the Long Form and in some states the only way to get the long form is to say "Apostile" in the reason for ordering. That is how I had to do it. That is the only way Oregon will send you a LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE. I got my Long Form BC back and now I can proceed to have them AUTHENTICATED the way you described. Great detail by the way.

Why get a long form? Some people say you need it and some people say you don't. To be on the safe side, I got the Long Form as it can't hurt right? Also, it looks pretty cool in the Family History archives.

I'm sure we would love to hear more about how the judge complied and what you had to go through to get that done. :)

Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement 7 years 7 months ago #34

• FearingHim
Thank you Prettyscriptorian, I appreciate it. If we are doing Patrick's process, do we still need to have the BC's authenticated through both the United States and my state's Secretary of State? I thought we send the BC's through registered mail and mail them back to ourselves to claim our registered mail non-UCC #? Thank you

Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement 7 years 7 months ago #35

• Prettyscriptorian
FearingHim:

I have no idea. For me personally, I would need to research things like "holder in due course", "authenticated" vs. "certified copy". I read somewhere (but can't remember where) where it described the authentication of the BC process and why to do it that way, but can't remember what it said. I do know why I can't remember though: it conflicted with others who said, just as you said "mail it to ourselves registered mail".... so I put it on my "mental shelf" with a "more research needed" label on it. :blink:

I would need to research both methods before I could come to the conclusion on which one was "right" and I haven't even gotten that far in my own studies yet. I'm still trying to determine which remedies (or combination thereof) will work best for my personal situation before I begin to verify claims and research on my own.

Follow Updates Here for the Non-UCC Settlement 7 years 6 months ago #36

• Admin
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 295
To FearingHim Post #474

Is there a box on the form which says, 'None of your damn business" ? If there is, I'd check that one! :evil:

If not, then I think PrettyScriptorian has the correct info.

On these forms, it's not always a matter of filling in what's 'supposed to be' the correct info. Understand what you're asking for, the purpose of the form and think about what would be correct for you and your situation. By putting in a good amount of thought, you'll understand it better and be better able to defend it if ever challenged for any reason. Just a thought.
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds